/ ;

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Dreaded Single Supplement!

Over the years I have booked many, many people in single cabins. On almost every voyage booked, there has been the dreaded single supplement! I can only imagine the frustration to see a cheap offer in the newspaper or the web, only to call and find out you have to pay twice. Unfortunately this is common place with the cruise lines, but occasionally if you look hard enough, this can be avoided............

The main problem with finding a good price for single cabin, is that a lot of the time the good value cruises are going to bad destinations, at a bad time of year. So unless you want to spend a week cruising the Med in December, or maybe go to the Caribbean in Hurricane season, you are stuck for choice. A lot of people I talk to are fed up with how the cruise lines do this, but unfortunately I don't think this is going to change. The cruse lines are just all too aware that if it is too expensive to book a single, then they will probably re-sell that same cabin to two people, who will also spend twice as much on board.

At the moment I only know of three really good single deals( I'm sure there are probably more out there). We have a 10 night Baltic cruise from Southampton with MSC, starting at around £900 in May. We Also have a Norwegian Fjords cruise also with MSC at around £800 in May. Finally there is a Voyages Of Discovery trip on the 16th April to Istanbul around the Black Sea at £1299. This is for 11 nights includes flights and is an ocean view cabin. 

If you are interested in any of the above, or if you are looking for a single cabin. Let me know as I will probably know of other offers and if I don't I can certainly find one!

No comments:

Post a Comment