/ ;

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Aretha is Better Than Ever at 69





*Aretha Franklin just released her 38th album and is excited to have been blessed thus far at the tender age of 69.
With the recent weight loss and better health, the singer just signed a new lease on life.
In an interview with AARP The Magazine, she gushed about her 85-pound weight loss and is proudly wearing a small size 16.
Q: What can you tell us about your surgery and weight loss?
A: I definitely did not have gastric bypass, and would not. The weight loss was gradual; I go to the health spa and eat more whole foods. I’d lost 30 pounds before the surgery. My doctor said I’d lose more naturally afterward, and I did.
Q: Are you still dieting?
A: I’m on maintenance. I like my weight exactly where it is. It looks healthy; let’s keep it. I’m on the track and up to a mile now at least three times weekly.
Q: Have you had to buy a new wardrobe?
A: Absolutely. Nothing fits, and I’m so happy! In fact, tomorrow I have fittings for new gowns.
Q: What has been your proudest career moment?
A: My happiest moments were singing with my family (sisters Carolyn and Erma and cousin Brenda). Following that would be the Grammy Legend and Lifetime Achievement awards, National Medal of the Arts, and the Congressional Medal. And singing the national anthem for President Obama.
Q: Do you have any plans to retire?
A: Definitely not. Always semiretire, never retire. Who wants to just sit somewhere? I’m a people person. And I love performing. It’s the way it is and the way it’s going to be.
Q: In your opinion, what’s the best part of growing older?
A: I couldn’t tell you – I don’t ever think about it. I’m very young at heart.
Alrighty then. You go girl!

http://www.eurweb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment